Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Little Experiment -- "I know because I am a Law Student"

While I am not sure if I have enough people regularly tuning in to read my random rants about law school and life . . .

I want to try something.

I would wager that nearly every law student has -- at one time or another -- had a disagreement somewhere at sometime and attempted to pull out that extremely volatile trump card otherwise known as the infamous "I know . . . because I am a law student" slapdown.

Only to find it may not have been the best thing to say.

For instance, have you ever been drunk and stupid enough to tell a police officer: "You can't do that. I know my rights because I am a law student."

I want to hear your stories, and I am sure other people would as well.

So please tell me your story either in a comment to this post, or if you have your own blawg, write about it there and leave a link in my comments.

And I will follow up this post with my own story about a fight I had with a sexually-frustrated Wal-Mart manager.

(Unless I don't get any response to this post. If that happens I may just stop blogging altogether. Maybe.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the fuzz try to arrest me for drunk in public during an internship. I explained who my boss was and stated I talked to his boss on a regular basis and that if he knew what was good for him he would leave me alone. He called me a cab and paid the driver $20 to get me home.

2/21/2006 10:28 AM  
Blogger prettylawchick said...

My cousin is a lawyer...but when she was a law student I took my boyfriend to Christmas dinner at my Aunt's. While there my cousin starts arguing with my boyfriend over whether a security guard can detain a suspected shoplifter in the store's parking lot. She get so worked up that she eventually screams in his face "I am a law student...I should know"...obviously my boyfriend has refused any later invites to dinner at my Aunt's.

2/21/2006 1:42 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I used this on my husband and his friend. They want to use our house as a new country; it will be named after my husband, much like "Petoria" from Family Guy. After objecting on the basis that I would lose my student loans because I probably couldn't get a student visa as a citizen of Petoria, I pulled the "I know you can't do this, I AM IN LAW SCHOOL!"

We were drunk, what can I say?

2/21/2006 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares