Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Friday, September 15, 2006

Do They Know Me? Part I: The Diplomat

As everyone, I often receive those surveys sent out by friends that ask you to copy, paste, answer a few questions (or a few hundred) and then forward and send back. They also clutter the bulletins on MySpace.

I usually ignore them. But I found an interesting one posted by an old friend on MySpace yesterday and decided to do it--because it asks to answer questions about the other person. Then you post it and ask others to answer them of you.

So I did. And so far I've received one reply. I thought it might be fun to post that answer here.

The friend that answered I will call The Diplomat, because not only was this an accurate description of him in school but he's now living in China working for the U.S. State Department. We were never real close, but I always admired him for his intelligence and confidence.

(Any comments I make to his answers are in italics)

My name:
[Moonlighting in Misery] (Of course, he did remember my name.)

Who is the love of my life:
Dude it better be your wife

Where did we meet:
I can't remember what the name of the group was something like Gifted and Talented. Anway I seem to remember meeting you there in elementary school. (I promise, he has a MUCH better memory than I do!)

Take a stab at my middle name:
Trick question you don't have one! (Wrong! It is, of course, "IN")

How long have you known me:
If my memory serves well in excess of fifteen years

When is the last time that we saw each other:
Dude this is a very good question. I think just before you left for university. I am not sure the exact dates. (The Diplomat wasn't with us the night we got bored, played chicken with the buffalo, and went searching for the Deer Lady--which I will have to tell you about. So I don't think I saw him again after he left for OU).

Do I smoke:
Last check no

Do I drink:
Occasionally (Yeah, I've cut back dramatically. But he was the guy who made that grape stuff--what do you call it?--that night I drank too much and we all ended up at a park where I got very, very sick on the merry-go-round. I couldn't touch grape juice for YEARS after.)

What was your first impression upon meeting me/seeing me:
This kid is fun. (Hey, when you were in the Gifted & Talented program--the five floor walk up and down the stairs to get your lunch could be considered "FUN." What 8-year-old kid wants to spend 6 hours stuck in an attic learning about flying butresses and the basics of architecture?? I think the fact i was breathing probably qualified me for that description.)

Do I have any siblings:
Sister I think (And a brother. He was the one that had the Drew Barrymore Playboy that ended up in Genuis Friend's trunk before he started feeling guilty and had to drive all the way across town to stash it in a 7-11 dumpster.)

What's one of my favorite things to do:
Listen to music (Still is)

Am I funny:
Well back in the day you were (Ha ha! What a great answer!! And he doesn't even know about this blawg o mine)

What's my favorite type of music:
Last check Ska

What is the best feature about me:
You are very accepting of others

Am I shy or outgoing:
Both strangely enough (Yeah, I'm outgoing until I meet someone i don't accept and then I clam up . . .)

Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules:
A bit on the rebellious side

Do I have any special talents:
Is this a yes or no question? I am going with yes (But those "talents" will just stay between us, right?!)

Have you ever hugged me:
Yes (uhm, in a purely bear-hug-we-just-scored-a-touchdown-pass-another-beer-and-kick-another-puppy way, right?)

Do you miss me...do you think i miss you:
Gee this is a weird question. How about this I think that it would be cool to hang out and catch up but I don't think I feel a sense of urgency that missing would indicate. I imagine that would be the same for you.

What is my favorite food:
Don't know so I am going say if your in DC you are enjoying ready access to Ethopian food. Yum!
If there was one good nickname for me, what would it be:
[Moonlighting in Misery] of course!

What's your favorite memory of me:
Wearing Dresses to school (I am not sure I can ever explain this one . . .)

Are we friends:
I would say so. I mean youa re in my friend group.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elle Woods said...

You misspelled genius. Ha.

9/16/2006 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares