Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Intellectual RockStar, Indeed!

I just discovered the Judge with whom I had lunch is, in fact, hiring a law clerk for the next year . . .

So after having a lunch with conversations like:

Judge: The real sacrifice occurred in the Garden.

Misery: I know exactly what you mean. The day of the Cross wasn't a sacrifice, not the true sacrifice, what happened to him then was purely--

Judge: Physical. And the night before--

Misery: was all spiritual. That's when he made the decision.

Judge: Exactly.

How can he not hire me?? I mean, we were practically finishing each other's sentences.

Well, that is, unless of course there are those who apply that

--went to a much better school.

--went to his alma mater.

--have actually been published and aren't just "working on" a comment regarding the same topic as his speech.

--have just finished another clerkship with a District Court.

--or a thousand other reasons which I won't take the time to go through . . .

But I have a chance. And that is half the battle!

(Or, actually, I think "knowing is half the battle!" in which case he at least knows me so I suppose that counts for something. Man, I miss the old G.I.Joe . . .)

So now I just need to set up a PayPal account so all you 3 people that still read me can contribute to my "Moonlighting in Misery Traveling to Interview With Federal Judges/Aaron Spelling TV's Greatest Producer That Brought us 90210, Dynasty, Mod Squad, Charlies Angels, Startsky & Hutch, 7th Heaven, Lets Not Forget Hart to Hart, and He Put John Travolta in a Plastic Bubble Memorial Fund."

Really, there is a connection. I am sure Aaron Spelling would want me to get a federal judicial clerkship. Such a gesture just seems so 7th-Heaveny to me, doesn't it to you?

And I may need to fly to Bangor, Maine . . . or San Diego, California.

That costs money. And it will bring me joy. Aaron Spelling brought you joy as a child growing up watching the latest escapades of Kelly and Brendan and the whole gang.

So contribute. And you will feel better about secretly watching Melrose Place for all those years.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To make sure my grandchild has a good home and income and to make sure you can take care of me in my old age I'll put $10 in that fund.
Way to go son and keep it up. I love you!

9/04/2006 9:13 AM  
Blogger Moonlighting in Misery said...

Woah! Old Man . . . you just killed me on the coolness score with all of that "I love you" stuff!!

This is supposed to be a respectable bLAWg here. And how am I supposed to convince people I am a real lawyer now that they know I am NOT one of the spawn of Satan?

Or at least came from a home where my parents beat me, served me my beloved hamster, Mel, for dinner, and locked me in the basement closet until my self-esteem had at once become so damaged and fragile that I decided to go to law school and develop an over-inflated ego and holier-than-thou attitude to compensate?

9/04/2006 9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ok here it is $15 to make sure you don't move home.

9/04/2006 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares