Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What You Need to Know, Find Out Here

You have to love those professors who can manage to stretch a 15 minute lecture into a full 50 minutes each time they grab the lectern.

And you have to applaud the professors who can do that without putting you to sleep.

But the professor that gets the biggest slap on the back is the one that can lull you into a false sense of security where you begin to appreciate--even look forward too--those "15/50 Lectures". . .

Only to shock your happy e-wandering, dream-car shopping, ESPN.com reading, monopoly playing, IM conversating butt back to reality by suddenly going over 5 cases and 3 different important concepts in one class period.

And you wake up with about 5 minutes left in class and think, "Where are we???"

Because he'd just spent 3 days to go over one short case but,

after 12 cups of coffee, 8 snickers bars, a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts and half-bottle of his little boy's Desoxyn® CII,

In the last 45 minutes he just managed to skip two chapters ahead.

And you are left doing your best to guess where the prof. is at . . .

Because I have one of those professors this semester (and he is a great prof),

And because I can't trust aLs anymore to not have me laughing about such things as the rules on how to survive a Zombie invasion during the most unfunny portion of the lecture,

I can no longer read his blawg while in class.

To those 2 or 3 people using this blawg to find others to read, it has become equally apparent to me that I am acting in a fiduciary position and have the responsibility to warn you of those blawgs that could get you booted from class.

Therefore,

In the next week I figure I will restructure my links to warn you of those blawgs that are too funny to read in class.

Please don't be offended if your blawg does not end up on this list. And just because a blawg is not on the list doesn't mean it can't make you crack up during a discussion of the Hotchpot in Tax Class.

But just know--Moonlighting in Misery won't be on that list either, believe-you-me.

If it was it would sort of defeat the purpose of the list altogether to be taking advice on what blawgs not to read in class from another blawg you shouldn't be reading in class, either.

Wouldn't it?

For that reason, I am certifying that this blawg is safe to read in class without risk of laughing or even cracking a smile. Ever.

And for purposes of liability arising under such representations, I am appointing Legally Blonde as my agent for service of process.

Have fun serving on her.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elle Woods said...

You can only make me your agent if I agree to be your agent, and I'd like to go on record saying I do not agree.

8/22/2006 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta make a recommendation to your list: www.bytheseatofmyskirt.blogspot.com

Her posts (including pictures) make me laugh out loud. Made the mistake of reading it during finals in the library, got lots of very dirty looks. Can't imagine what would've happened had I read it in class.

8/25/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger That Guy said...

I read your bird post in class once and snorted. Dangerous stuff. Whatever happened to that killer bird you guys had?

8/29/2006 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares