Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Monday, March 07, 2005

My World is Crashing

So yesterday morning I wake up briefly at 6am and decide to run scandisk on my computer while I go back to sleep . . .

4 hours later I wake up to the same blue screen. It never would complete.

The problem is, I can't get past Scandisk to boot up Windows. So I run diagnostics and get a couple error messages. I decided to call Technical services.

After 2 hours of being passed around, I hang up and call back and within 10 minutes I am on the phone with a semi-intelligible live person. I give her the error codes. She gives me the bad news.

I have to replace my hard drive.

O, sure they'll send me a new one overnight and just call them back, they'll walk me through the installation.

Of course it is a blank hard drive. So I'll have to reinstall EVERYTHING. But that is not the worst part . . .

WHAT ABOUT MY NOTES?

. . . MY CASE BRIEFS?

. . . MY WRITING ASSIGNMENTS?

. . . MY PICTURES?

. . . MY RESUME?

WHAT ABOUT EVERY CLASS LECTURE I HAVE RECORDED SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE SEMESTER????

I trust technology way too much. I'm the idiot who never backed up his files. I can't do that and live, not in law school . . . not now!

For today I need to concentrate on getting back into Windows so I can grab all my files and run.

Because my computer is crashing . . . and so is my world, right on my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares