Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Flexing Your Muscles & Flickerstick

Law school and football are the only two things in my life that have ever made me feel, at times, inadequate. But it was never from a lack of ability . . . it was just a matter of allowing myself to be intimidated by the situation.

Law school is designed to be that way. Throw in "life" and it can get real tough. But, as football taught me, occasionally its good to get knocked flat on your ass--

It makes you meaner, tougher, and more ready than before for the hits that are yet to come.

So you stand up, show some teeth, don't even worry about brushing off the dirt . . . and tell 'em "it was a lucky shot, it won't happen again."

Then you make sure the other guy is the next to eat dirt.

* * * * * * * * *

On Another Note: Check out the band Flickerstick from Dallas. They have a rock sound reminiscent (at least in my mind) of some of the bands that we heard on the radio in the mid-1990s. My recommendation is to check out "Beautiful" and "You're So Hollywood."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares