Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Thursday, July 14, 2005

THE Offer

Waking up at 5 a.m. this morning, the first thing I did was check my e-mail.

(Already beginning to pick up the bad habits which will become so annoying to everyone around me in a few short years -- save for my co-workers and clients -- I have become a compulsive e-mail checker.)

And I found the following e-mail entitled: "Law Review Offer"

"Dear Moonlighting,

The Texas Tech Law Review Volume 38 is honored to extend you an offer to join our Review as a second year staff member. We are very pleased that you have met our extensive qualifications for membership and are hopeful that you will join us . . .

Sincerely,
E-i-C."

Now, not to brag . . . but of course I am going to accept the offer. Who wou--

Ah, who the hell am I kidding!?!?

Of course I am bragging!!!!!!!

I AM ON LAW REVIEW!! I AM ON LAW REVIEW!!

[Doing the wild white boy victory dance which is an indiscriminate combination of both the compulsive shake your rump dance and the somewhat more subdued "running man"]

(I need sound effects on this blog so we can all dance together . . . )

But, once for good measure:

I AM ON LAW REVIEW!!

Okay, i feel better. It's still 5 a.m., and that's all the celebrating I can do at this early hour. I think I'll go to the gym and run around the track with my hands in the air humming the theme to "Rocky!"

"Overdoing it just a bit," you ask? Of course, I am . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Elle Woods said...

Yeah I didn't even have dilusions of making law review...but congrats to you.

7/14/2005 7:11 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Congrats!!

7/15/2005 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! The only bad part is explaining to non-law-students what law review is and why it's such a big deal.

7/20/2005 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares