Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Friday, March 03, 2006

Wow, I Feel Much Safer Now

Back last June I posted about an obnoxiously obvious drug deal I watched at the Sonic next door to my duplex. It never occurred to me that, according to state law, this was an even worse crime given that there is a high school just across the street.

Last week Lubbock and federal authorities busted up "one of the largest crack cocaine operations in Lubbock." With the more than a dozen cars confiscated, the several houses raided, the hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of drugs hauled away, and the between 20 and 33 suspects arrested . . . how is this only one of the largest in Lubbock?

It isn't even one of the largest in all of West Texas. No? Just Lubbock? Meaning there are others . . . and some bigger?

If this was my hometown of Lawton, Oklahoma, I could believe it. But that is only because the larger operations are run by the cops and lawyers and judges, themselves -- so that goes without saying.

But yesterday I returned home to discover a duplex a couple houses down from mine was being raided for drugs. They arrested 3 and found X and meth labs. They are facing some stiff penalties because the duplex is within 1000 ft of a school zone.

But, honestly, what makes me feel better has nothing to do with the drug operations. These guys also appeared to be trafficking in stolen goods.

Holy Crap! Thank God they never peeked in my garage. Power tools are worth a lot at resale. (Other than my computer, attempting to steal my electronics would probably be a waste of their time.)

I knew there was a reason to keep my gun. But, shhhhh, I'm within 1000 ft of a school zone so I may not be allowed to have it.

I have two observations regarding the idiocy of criminals:

1. If you are going to run a meth lab, RENT A TRAILER not a duplex. These walls are not that thick, you were in a duplex, moron.

2. If you are going to run a meth lab, RENT A TRAILER IN THE COUNTRY. Thanks to your stupidity -- because you were so close to the school -- you are looking at an extended vacation as some big man's girlfriend.

Ha ha, even as I am writing this post . . . the noon news is opening with this story.

Best quote:

"As you can see, this was a duplex and the front door to the other duplex is just a few feet away. The Tech students living next door say there are surprised about how something like this could have gone on so close without their knowledge."

They were producing meth and x, living in an old duplex, and driving a Saleen. Do you really believe that?

Links to the Stories:

Three Arrested in Drug Bust Near Lubbock School

Narcotics, Firearms Seized in Drug Bust

Oh, and by the way, the duplex next to mine just went vacant after the tenant had a stroke. Any one need a place to live??

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Hmm... how many law students in Lubbock live in a duplex next to a Sonic and hail from Lawton, OK? You're killing your plausible deniability here.

3/04/2006 6:41 AM  
Blogger Moonlighting in Misery said...

Not but a couple people actually know how many law students live in Lubbock in a duplex next to a Sonic and "hail from Lawton."

Only a couple people have been to my house. And when asked where I am from, I usually give one of 3 answers . . .

And Lawton isn't often one of them.

I said "plausible" deniability.

But look at Elle of LegalllyBlonde or Law&Alcoholism. I am sure many people know who they are . . .

But the point is not to broadcast it.

3/04/2006 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares