Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Welcome 1Ls!

Though I am about 99.9% sure there isn't a single new 1L will read this entry, I believe it is the thought that counts . . .

So I want to extend my congratulations to the incoming class, yours should be an interesting one.

I had a run-in with a 1L today when stumbling out with my box of goods, he very politely and graciously opened the door for me and even ran back to pick up my "Jurisprudence Award" that I'd dropped. Nice guy.

Another 1L has already made quite the impression. He kicked off the fall semester in classic fashion with an annoying mass e-mail announcing the "First Annual T to the izzO Party".

This was followed by the obligatory responsive mass e-mail from a 3L commenting:
2. There's gotta be some rule about sending a mass email that includes the word "izzo."
3. What on God's green earth is an "izzo"? Does this have something to do with the Michigan State Spartan fan club?

My only thought was:

. . . this guy is looking to defend Snoop Dogg on his next possession charge.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sean Sirrine said...

Well, I don't go to your school, but I am a 1L. Don't know if that blows your theory, but at least you know you're somewhat reaching your market. ;)

8/10/2005 10:22 PM  
Blogger Moonlighting in Misery said...

Congratulations to you, too! Enjoy the excitement while it lasts . . . in a month-- two at the most-- the coolness will wear off. You'll no longer be excited, no longer be afraid . . . you will just be a Law Student. A boring, pampered, bitchy Law Student.

Yet more proof that Law School makes you boring.

8/11/2005 12:34 AM  
Blogger The Namby Pamby said...

Welcoming them with open arms is better than what I did: laughing at their panic the bookstore and then promptly tripping over a textbook display...

1L prepared me well...I cant wait for what the 2nd year brings

8/15/2005 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares