Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Friday, September 02, 2005

Making Law Review Exciting

The tentative title for my Law Review Student Comment:

"PUTTING THE CHILDREN IN CHARGE OF THE CANDY SHOP:" [subtitle deleted because it is boring and you could probably care less regardless.]

I came up with that during a conversation with Prof. FirstAmendment. He said, "its like having the fox guard the henhouse," at about the same time as I said, "its like putting the children in charge of the candy shop."

I liked mine better.

Then I came to realize . . . there is a game to be played here:

Within the title of my LR comment is a reference to a current rap song.

"Hmm," I wandered to myself.

(Not out loud, because I don't want to let anyone in on my little game just yet).

"Hmm," I wandered to myself. "I wander just how many vague references to rap songs I can work into my Law Review comment before it is done?"

Wouldn't that be an interesting little tidbit of information when I'm sitting on the Supreme Court someday:

"Did you know Justice Misery's first legal publication was intentionally imbedded throughout with vague references to rap songs contemporary to the time of its writing?"

We'll see if I can do it . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird.....I continue to read this...Erin

9/04/2005 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares