Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Coming Soon from Miramax Entertainment!

"RUNNING WITH THE LAND"
(A MOVIE ABOUT A PROPERTY LAWYER AND THE THRILL OF THE HUNT.)

I must have a screw loose.

Last semester it was Civil Procedure. This semester it is Property.

While it would seem that most of my classmates are developing a keen dislike for a particular subject, I couldn't be happier.

While they all speak with such great fondness of Prof. CrimLaw and our escapades into the world of criminal intent, action, and insanity . . .

I am completely content and fascinated by, what one might consider, the most inane and mundane of subjects.

I feel like . . . well, uh . . . I'm not exactly sure what I feel like. Perhaps I feel like I'm back in high school where everyone groans when the teacher mentions Shakespeare but I am giddy over the study of . . . Richard, III

"A horse, a horse . . . my kingdom for a horse!"

I need help, perhaps. I am not entirely sure how long I can delude myself into thinking that it is "geek chic" to be enthralled by the concepts of Estates in Land.

"O to A and his heirs, so long as A doesn't bore us all to death with a discussion of the archaic history of English property law in 1573, to revert to O if he does."

See? You see what I mean??

I can't even claim it's like the "Velma Principle."

You know Velma, from Scooby-Doo? Put Daphne and Velma in a room together with one drunken frat boy and, 10 times out of 10, he'll pick Daphne.

HOWEVER, we all know that those thick glasses, the frumpy sweater and that nasally voice is a facade. Underneath it all, Velma is a firecracker! (The Catholic school-girl skirt is actually a dead give-away).

I've known Daphnes and I've known Velmas. At Fitzgeralds, in Houston, on any given Saturday night, 7-8 years ago, you could have met plenty of both. Believe me, the keepers are the Velmas.

That is the "Velma Principle." And it doesn't apply here.

I mean, c'mon . . . have YOU ever seen a thriller about a PROPERTY LAWYER?? Hmm? Not a lot of danger to be had in the game of Estates, Wills, and Trusts?

I wonder if this is how law professors are born?

Please shoot me if I ever start donning a bow tie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares