Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Who is John Roberts?

Hmmph. I believe I may have to eat my own words.

Robert Novak is reporting that, while Bush did pass over Clement to choose Roberts, it is unclear whether or not Roberts is a member of the Federalist Society.

The messages coming out of the White House are mixed: Both assurances of Roberts' membership as well as reports that Roberts told Bush he had never belonged . . .

add up to what?

I don't like it.

Either he IS a member but they're backtracking out of fear it might be used against him. Which disgusts me . . .

OR

He ISN'T and they're trying to buy my support with these plastic coins.

. . . what can be said?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read between the lines. If there is significant confusion about Roberts being in the Society, then liberals would have a much harder time stopping his confirmation. Any political fallout from this issue would be negligable. The common man in America doesn't understand, nor actually cares about this. I'm sure conservatives are willing to deal with a little political B.S. in order to swing the Supreme Court for the next thirty+ years.

7/25/2005 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares