Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Walk Towards the Light, Stephen King

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Friday at 5p.m. I will turn in the final draft of my comment.

I am a huge Steven King fan. Huge. And 3 years ago he swore he wouldn't publish any more horror novels.

Well, my wife just bought me a copy of his new novel, The Cell . . .

And I get it when I turn in my Comment.

While my fellow law-reviewers will be getting their drink on at Rocky Larues, I will be at home buried in blood, gore, death, and destruction. I will only have 2 1/2 days to get through an entire Stephen King novel.

I can do it.

For anyone interested, there is a picture below of Stephen King's house in Bangor, Maine. I spent a week there with a family on a mission trip once. Notice the gargoyles and spider webs in the wrought iron work.

Bangor is beautiful. It was more a vacation than work. But if you are a fan of King, you can't help but get freaked out by the people and places you see -- everything is right out of one of his novels.

They told me several stories about Mr. King and showed me where he lived when writing Pet Semetary and the cemetary that inspired it. My favorite story, however, has to do with Stephen King's going to the games of the local high school baseball team. Supposedly, Mr. King likes to go to the games and forget his wallet and bum hot dogs and beers off of his friends. They tell me they don't mind -- not with all the money he donates to the community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares