Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Okay, 'Stros Fans . . .

They embarrased themselves tonight . . .

Losing to the freakin' Nationals like that -- what were they thinking??


This is RFK Stadium, the aging home of the Capital's boys of summer.

As for my time in D.C., there hasn't been too much to report. I've been far too busy to make an attempt at stretching any of my day-to-day experiences into some semi-humorous post for this blog's benefit.

But I can say this . . .

I you like Law School and its ego-maniacal brand of groupies prancing around proclaiming how great they are and how sad the rest of the world must be in comparison . . .

Wow, you will love D.C. I freakin' guarantee it.

The problem is -- D.C. is a sleeping city. It is like white-washed tombs. I completely understand the battle cry of D.C.-ites: "Taxation Without Representation." It is on their license plates.

It is a city built and run by 9-to-5ers. When they day is gone, they are too . . . escaping to their homes in the suburbs.

If you want to see the real D.C., you'll find it on the weekends away from the tourists that take the 9-to-5ers place.

And I constantly here, "Don't go to such-and-such a place, its not safe, just look at the people there." And I am sure there is some truth, maybe a lot of truth, to what they are saying.

But so far, some of the nicest people I've met outside of Texas are the real D.C.-ites that call the city home every day. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares