Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Don't call it soliciting.

Just a quick blurb today.

Tomorrow we have a "practice" midterm in Contracts. Tuesday Prof. Contracts sprang that news on us. It is "practice" because he hasn't bothered to teach us anything on the subject the test will cover. So I think I will spend a good part of my day "practice" studying.

Something I found that was amusing:

In North Carolina, where John Edwards is from, ambulance chasing is acceptable.

My mother-- who is from Oklahoma-- went to North Carolina on vacation where she was hit by some kid that blew through a stop sign. The cop took her information, they exchanged insurance, and that was it. She continued her vacation.

When she finally made it back to Oklahoma, she arrived home to find 4 messages from North Carolina attorneys wanting to represent her in a personal injury suit. They are efficient, aren't they? I wonder if they've dispensed with the cheesy commercials in exchange for this little privilege of access. If so, maybe it'd be worth doing the same in Texas.

Something I found that was fascinating:

The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals for the State of Texas met at Texas Tech yesterday. It being a slow day, I had the opportunity to sit through the oral arguments for a criminal and a civil case. It was much less intimidating an atmosphere than I had imagined it would be. The judges seemed completely amiable and the attorneys, for the most part, were relaxed.

If the law isn't the absolutely best profession a person could have... I just don't know what is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares