Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten

Recently I came across an article online that talked about "getting smarter." As for nutrition, it said that--yes-- fish is a brain food, but then so is anything else with amino acids. The best thing for your brain is to eat well.

Hmmm. I can do that.

Physically, the author said sleep is the best thing for the brain. If you get less than 7-8 hours per night, you can lose 30% of what you learned that day and up to two days prior. If you spend 2 extra hours studying, you still won't do as well as the next guy who spent those 2 hours sleeping.

Okay. I think I can remember that.

As for mental "exercises," he listed simple silly little games like putting different objects in order and categorizing things by touch, taste, or smell.

Wow. That actually seems simple.

So what you are telling me is:

All I need is a snack, a nap, and a puzzle. Then I'll do well?

BRING ON THE MILK AND GRAHAM CRACKERS!!!

**********
On a Related Note:

For law students,
I am organizing a new study group. We will start meeting the two weeks prior to Finals. We will be meeting at Golden Corral, Furr’s, Taste of China, and Whistlin’ Dixie Barbque (not necessarily in that order). Each session will be immediately followed by long naps. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

For non-law students:
I am looking for volunteers to read us to sleep with excerpts from our Civil Procedure casebook. A big plastic blue chair will be provided. We can not pay, but we will seriously consider representing you "pro bono" on your future armed robbery charges after we have graduated and passed the Bar. Please reply for more info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares