Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Friday, April 29, 2005

We Elected Him, Do We Have to Listen to Him Too?

I like to spend my Thursday nights by starting off with a little of the zany antics of Paris and Nicole--

After I'm thoroughly assured they have embarrased themselves enough to satisfy the pleasures of a million gawking rubber-neckers out in TVLand (yours truly, included) . . .

I will then turn over and watch dirty, half-naked people attempt to score a meal of grilled shark in crystal clear waters with nothing but a pointy stick and a whole lotta determination.

(It reminds me of Law School. And I don't feel so bad.)

Then I like to end my evening with the Donald. Why? Because he is the Donald: every man wants to be him and every lady wants to date him.

(Ha!)

But last night my evening did not go quite as planned.

Let me ask you: I voted for him, do I have to listen to him too?

The country is not currently being attacked. And you are not up for re-election, Mr. President.

Nothing will ever be done to REALLY save Social Security. (C'mon, it is -- afterall -- WASHINGTON . . . ) And I think I may practice Oil & Gas Law here in the great state of Texas, I don't want the price of Gas to fall anytime soon.

(Oh, and I drive a car that runs off of Propane-- which I can buy for about $.80/gallon less. Hank Hill would be proud.)

So why burden me with your fancy dreams about a "solvent Social Security system" and "gas that people can afford" ???

This is America, Mr. President!!

Yes, we want cheap gas! Yes, we want to be able to eat during retirement!

But NOT, Mr. President . . .

If it interferes with my getting to see two blonde bimbos make absolute fools of themselves.

I can read about the other in the newspaper. It is, you forget, May Sweeps.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a joke, hun! :-)

And i don't have an SUV, just an environmentally friendly propane-propelled Ford Taurus.

5/04/2005 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its Texas. Every girl is a "hun" or a "darlin" and every guy is a "bud" . . .

We're just friendy down these parts . . .

Mmmhmm.

Just didn't realize it bled through into my blogging.

5/04/2005 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares