Support This Site Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Friday, May 26, 2006

Growing Up Hippie

Yesterday one of the attorneys walked into my office and spotted the Tom Wolfe book sitting on my desk . . .

Attorney: Hey, which one of his is that??

Mr. Misery: I Am Charlotte Simmons.

Attorney: Ah. I didn't recognize the cover. Is it good?

Mr. Misery: Yeah. Very. I haven't attempted a Tom Wolfe book since I tried reading The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.

Attorney: That is a little before your time, isn't it?

Mr. Misery: Yeah. A little. My mom gave it to me when I was a teenager.

Attorney: It sounds like your mom was a little Beatnik--naming you after [60's singer] and reading The Electrict Kool-Aid Acid Test.

Mr. Misery: Yes. She was. A few years ago I went on a "Canterbury Tales" type journey with her to see Janis Joplin's hometown and museum. Very beat.

Attorney: Okay. So with your mom being such a flower child . . . how did you end up here, uh, working for us?

Mr. Misery: Well, my mom was a hippie. How else could I rebel but become a conservative instead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Listed on BlogShares